Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

No quilting news today ... I'm working on Aster Blast and have many other projects to talk about, so look for those soon.

Today, it's all about DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!! WOOHOO!!

How can I tell you how happy I am that daylight savings time is here and that Spring will soon be here? I could tell you how desparate I am to not have the wear boots and coat, to not have to shovel snow, or chop ice or drive to work horrible weather or ...

Maybe it's better to focus on the positive ... I long for the smell of freshly mown grass, daffodils and tulips and crocuses, the warmth of the sun on my face ... Aahhhh ... I can feel it now.

In the meantime, it's late Winter here in New Hampshire a pretty dismal time of the year ... time for dirty snow banks (a view down our road):

Mountainous snow piles (the pile at the end of our driveway):

But, our little garden sculptures are starting to emerge, the angel was covered with snow not that long ago! And now she sits surrounded by bare ground! Did I say I was happy to see daylight savings time? A squirrel and yet another little dog ... completely encased in snow, but he'll break free soon!


Here's our greyhound, Jolene. She's longing for Spring too! Jo is our retiree that spends 95% of her time sleeping either on a pillow or in her crate, 3% of her time eating or chewing rawhides and then the balance of the time on personal hygiene. She is has the sweetest and most serene temperment of any dog I've ever known ... and above all, she puts up with the three little barky dogs. She also loves to lay in the grass in the back yard and soak up some rays ...


Last, but certainly not least ... here is our little "queen bee" Shatzie ... the doxie that started it all. As you can see, she is also a frequent visitor to the sewing room:

Well, enough longing for today ... back to Aster Blast ...

No comments: