Saturday, March 29, 2008

Signs of Spring

There is something so exciting about starting a new project! And, although I enjoy involved projects, there is something to be said for the instant gratification of an easy project.

I started a class today at Pickering Farm called Signs of Spring. It is a sheep with a checkerboard on it's back. I'm using 1930's reproduction fabrics and it is bright and Springy and cheerful! Very helpful because it still looks like this outside:
Here's the checkerboard on the background:
Here's the pattern for the sheep with the checkerboard:
I'm loving it! Next week we're doing the embroidery on the sheep. I'm so glad that embroidery seems to be making a resurgence! It was one of the first things I learned and one of the things that made me fall in love with sewing and needle crafts.

No comments: