Sunday, May 4, 2008

Signs of Spring II

Finally, some quilting news ... I've completed the Signs of Spring wall hanging. This was begun ever so long ago ... when we were still under deep snow! It's now hanging in the planned space in the kitchen adding some Spring cheer on a cold and rainy day.


I haven't had a chance to decorate around it yet, so here's the wall hanging by itself:

One of the things I loved about making this was the embroidery! I learned to love sewing by doing embroidery and crewel work when I was young ... as I recall it all started at around age 9 or 10. I can remember sitting on the beach in the summer and stitching away. Doing the embroidery on this project brought those memories back. I also remember reading and laying on the beach all slathered up with baby oil. Ahhh! The glorious 70's!

Anyway, a couple of my favorite stitches were of course, the Lazy Daisy stitch and French Knots! I guess that's why all the memories came flooding back ... here's the detail:
What a sweet little face ...
Happy Spring!

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That is such a darling piece - I love the stitching on it. Thanks for sharing.

jacquie said...

Deb, This is sooooo cute! The fabrics are to die for and the stitching is wonderful! I bet this looks GREAT in your kitchen!

Chookyblue...... said...

great sheep.............just found your blog...........

Alison said...

What a very sweet little sheep wallhanging. I love the stitching.